Hope Harbor Home strives to break the cycle of domestic
and sexual violence in Brunswick County, NC with safe shelter,
advocacy and education.
Hope Harbor receives funding from private and public grants at the federal, state and local level. A large portion of the expenses for the shelter are covered by profits from the three Hope Chest Thrift Shops in Brunswick County.
Donations from the private sector – area churches, civic groups, and private citizens – also help with expenses.
Hope Harbor has been very fortunate to be the beneficiary of 3 annual fundraisers organized by civic groups and private citizens of Brunswick County.
GFWC Blooming for a cause Fashion Show
Hope Harbor Home would like to say Thank you to the many local contributors who make this important work possible year after year.
To be the best domestic violence center in Southeastern
North Carolina, providing comprehensive care to women
and children in need.
- Executive Director: Lynn S.Carlson
- Deputy Director: Candice Dullaghan
- Program Director: Tommy Griffin
- Shelter Manager: Beverly Pigott
- Life Coach: Trish Caldwell
- Children’s Program Coordinator: Betty Reeder
- Night Manager: Margaret Willard
- Victim Advocate: Jessica Dean
- Hispanic Victim Advocate: Lina Mayorga
- Court Victim Advocate: Donna Varnum
- Office Manager: LeeAnn Politis
- Office Volunteer: Judy Fishman
- Office Volunteer: Terrence Connelly
Our Board of Directors
Hope Harbor Home is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors whose members come from various professional backgrounds and represent all geographic areas of Brunswick County. They serve because they believe in the mission of Hope Harbor Home and are willing to offer their time, talents and experience to the cause of domestic violence victims and their children in Brunswick County.
- President: Nita Robertson
- VP of Administration: Bob Dixon
- VP of Finance: John Goldsworth
- VP Human Resources: Rev Dr Richard Warner
- VP of Thrift Stores: Gene Faller
- Secretary: Lizzie Mitchell
- Past President: Juanita Adams
- Fundraising: Peggy Rowland
- Treasurer: BJ Stephens
- Jonathan M. David
- Robert Dixon
- Gina Essey
- Tom Hunter
- Mary Page
- Ann Parvin
- Timothy Randall
- Norm Rogers
- Helen Stead
Lynn Carlson, Executive Director (non-voting member)